AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson A beautifully crafted story about loss, love and what it truly means to be left behind. My heart ached for Lennie, Toby, Gram and Big as they tried to figure out what to do with Bailey...how to survive and keep living when she was no longer with them. It was wonderfully told through Lennie's perspective on how she coped or didn't for that matter(through most of the book anyway) with losing the person she had gladly been in the shadow of her whole life. And Toby...poor completely lost Toby. I just ached for him and loved him all at the same time. For me though the one downside that made this book a 4 star instead of 5 was Joe. Over the top, "romantic", Joe was the least likeable person in my opinion. I get that he was what Lennie needed, but for me there was just something lacking about him, a quality that was missing that I can't put my finger on. But really an excellent read that I would and have recommended.