AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

The Mockingbirds - Daisy Whitney I wasn't really sure at first how I felt about this book. It jumped in right from the start with no back story, no lead in. But as I read further and further I got to the point that I didn't want to put it down. I wanted to know what happened because it was so real. The emotions that Alex was feeling would be what anyone in her situation would have felt. She was confused and angry and hurt and helpless. She felt dirty and guilty a lot of the time and she shouldn't have. She was done wrong yet she wanted to take the blame. With the help of old friends, new friends and the Mockingbirds she was able to find the courage in her to do what was right for her and to stand up for herself unlike the night she was date raped. Besides T.S. getting on my nerves I really enjoyed the progression of this book and how Alex grew as a person through this horrible time in her life. Really great read. I look forward to the next part.