AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

XVI - Julia Karr Well this book was a roller coaster for me. When I started it I wasn't really convinced I was going to actually enjoy the story. The language was tough and I couldn't make heads or tails of what was going on. I felt kind of blah about Nina, Dee, Ginnie and friends and I had no clue where the story was going. Honestly I think I was expecting more of a Divergent kind of story when I went in so my expectations were off. But as I read further and further into the book I was able to take the story for what it was, a story of a girl scared to have to conform and grow up before she was ready while finding out everything she thought she knew wasn't true at all. I found myself really feeling for Nina and understanding the reactions she was having. She was strong in her own way without being outwardly so and I appreciated that. Truth is at one point this book was more on the 3 star scale thanks to annoying Sandy and a little repetitiousness in the middle, but the end saved it for me and left me wanting the next book as soon as possible.