AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) - James Dashner Oh Dashner, Dashner, Dashner! So very close to a five star rating. You were right there and then you had to go all boy on me and add in the lightbulb monster things. So so close and then fail. But in all honesty, besides that, this book was nothing short of spectacular. I still have no idea what the heck happened and what it all means in the long run, but oddly I'm okay with that. Based on the first two books Dashner has definitely woven a very detailed, suspenseful mystery that is supposed to keep you guessing until you read the very last word of the series. I love how one second you think you can trust a character and then the next you think they are betraying someone and then you go back to trusting them. It is a never clever mechanism and it used in such a way that you start craving the uncertainty. The one thing I do know is I was told the ending of The Scorch Trials was a doozy and a doozy it was. Can't wait for The Death Cure, the final piece of this amazing piece of litature.