AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

So I'm a Double Threat  - Julie Prestsater What to say about this book?!?! I mean really, what can I say about a book that makes me smile months after reading it! I loved it, just completely loved it.

I had had my NOOK for only a few months when I started to get into reading YA books. Anyway I was scanning the books available when I came across So I'm a Double Threat. The subject seemed interesting enough and the price couldn't be beat so I got it. Well THANK GOODNESS I DID! This book was seriously awesome! It has everything a good YA book should have to keep a reader interested.

You start with a core group of girls that are best friends and starting their freshman year. They are nervous and excited and aware of the fact that things are going to change...and change they do. Instead of it being just them, boys get added to the mix and then everything is different. They all of a sudden find themselves having to navigate through not only the pressures of school but back stabbing, crushes, fights, uncertainties and Moms that are obsessed with NKOTB(not that I can blame them! :-)) and Ryan Seacrest. As time progresses they find their groove and their place, but things are forever different.

As there are many characters in this amazing story of growing up, Meg and Alex are my favorites. They start as uncertain acquaintances, morph into friends and then go from there. Watching all the shifts in their relationship was so fun and nerve wracking and left me wanting more and still does.

Julie Prestsater crafted such an amazing story that I instantly fell in love and makes me want more. And honestly sometimes makes we wish I was back in high school. I said sometimes. ;-)

A definite must read! Do it! You won't be disappointed!