AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer - Michelle Hodkin I have no idea where to begin with this one other then awesomeness! I have had this book for a long time on my shelf and never got around to it. I'm not sure why I kept putting it off, but I finally decided to read it and I'm so happy I did. I wish someone would have told me to pick this up sooner because it was just amazing. And it came at a really great time since I had been reading a series of just okay, not great books.

This story really took me completely by surprise. When I read the description it reminded me of another book about a girl in an accident that couldn't remember anything when she woke up. I thought I was in for a similar story but that so wasn't the case with Mara Dyer. This book was so much more then the description hinted to. There was mystery and intrigue. It was a definite page turner.

I can't say much about the story because I don't want to give it away but I can tell you that I just loved Mara. The whole book was told from her point of view so the reader really gets to see what she sees and hear what she is thinking. The only problem is that you have no idea if what is happening it real or a hallucination in Mara's head. Since the accident she has these visions so it is hard to decipher what is real and what is imagined. And as crazy as it sounds I actually found myself liking Mara more because of it. It made me relate to her some because your heart went out to her. I can't imagine living like that not knowing if something happened or if you imagined it. And even with that she was a funny girl that still liked to take chances. And she took the biggest chance of all on playboy Noah Shaw.

Oh Noah how I loved you. He was arrogant and cocky and down right rude sometimes, but he was totally all about Mara and that made him so lovable. The two of them together really made the book for me and helped with the ups and downs of the story. There was a great push and pull between Noah and Mara and it just added to the feel of the whole book.

The end really through me for a loop I must say. Some people will be blown away and love it like I did and others maybe not. Again I don't want to say too much as to not ruin it, but I will tell you that it is written well, flows nicely and leaves your mouth hanging open with the turn of the last page. You should give it a chance. I wish I was told to do so sooner.