AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

Other Words for Love - Lorraine Zago Rosenthal Well that bummed me out. I had such high hopes for this one and it just left me feeling depressed and baffled. The idea of the book was great as was the writing style, but it was just so slow and lacking that it really just ended up making me sad. I mean Ari was whiny, Summer was annoying, Blake was a wuss, Ari's mother was over bearing and Ari's sister was obnoxious. I think Leigh was the on,y character that I enjoyed and she wasn't even all that likable. I was also more the half way through the book before I realized the story took place in 1986. The only reference to that time period was the constant mention of the HIV/AIDS epidemic of the 80s. If it wasn't for that it could have taken place any time. I acted the ending and for as slow as the book was, the ending felt that rushed. I just didn't connect with any of them. It almost felt like a depressing version of Gossip Girl. But the part that really bothered me was the stereotypical use of Irish Catholic families from South Boston and the way Patrick talked. That really really got on my nerves. Basically as sad as I am to say this, this book just wasn't for me.