AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

Insurgent - Veronica Roth WOW! WOW! WOW! WOW! I know, eloquent, right? The sad thing is that is the best I can do because simply put this book was just WOW! I really can’t think of another way to describe the amazingness that was Insurgent. How Roth managed to do what she did in this book is beyond me. It left me breathless and craving more by the time all was said and done.

The book starts right where Divergent left off, but from the very beginning you know this is going to be a completely different kind of journey for Tobias and Tris. You are immediately thrust into this feeling of loss and urgency that you just won’t be able to shake with each and every page you turn. Tris is now broken and she has no idea how to go on. Her parents are dead, both dying in front of her, and she took a friends life in order to save her own. It is quite clear that she is on an emotional roller coaster and when she refuses to talk to Four about it, it sets off a whole other world of issues that Tris never saw coming. As they navigate the change in their world and their relationship Tris and Tobias find out what the true meaning of trust and choice really are.

I honestly can’t gush about this book enough. I want to tell you everything that happened in it but I refuse to spoil one single second of this page turning wonder. The way Roth worked in the emotional aspects with the action aspects with the guilt Tris was feeling was pure perfection. I had loved Tobias and Tris in Divergent and in Insurgent I took on a different love for them that I can’t even describe. They just felt real and it made the story feel real. I loved them even more then I thought I could. I loved this book more then I thought I could. It had everything I hoped it would and more. And the end!!!!! Oh man that end was hardcore fantastic!

There isn't one part of this book that I just didn't love! And that is what I will leave you with from this rambling review. ;-)