AndiABCs

Andi's ABCs

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour - Morgan Matson Amy & Roger's Epic Detour wasn't what I expected at all. Going into it I assumed it was going to be a funny, cutesy light story about road trip high jinx. Instead I found a funny, at times, cutesy, story with a lot of depth and heart.

The passing of Amy's father really did a number on her. She was isolated and alone and had turned herself off from the world. She felt a lot of guilt over the accident that took her father from her and she had a lot of fears from that as well. When Roger was first in the picture she was so unsure of herself and life that she was awkward and uncomfortable around him. But as time passed and they hit the open road getting to know more about each other and themselves in the process they both grew and so did their relationship. They drove across the country together not really knowing what they were looking for, but finding what they needed.

Matson took us on a journey across America and to unexpected places. The description of Graceland alone transported me back to my trip there. Really loved this book and can't wait for more from this author.